Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wesleyan Thoughts on the Westminster Confession of Faith

Although I primarily attend a Nazarene church, which has essentially Wesleyan theology, I often think about and/or look at other branches of Christianity, for the purpose of seeing what I can learn from them. Just because I am not a Calvinist does not mean I reject everything opined by a Calvinist. So, with that thought, here goes. I am going to examine the Westminster Confession of Faith to see what I strongly agree or disagree with.

So then, let us examine chapter 1. The first paragraph addresses the difference between general and special revelation. The heavens declare the glory of God, but that is not enough to teach us about Christ's salvific work. God has revealed Himself to us in a multitude of ways to select folks in the Old and New Testaments.

No comments: